Sunday, March 06, 2005

Music Meme Part 2

I've been seeing this music meme pop up on my blog, so I though I'd give it a try...

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:

.45 gig. Mainly because I constantly delete my music files.

2. The last CD you bought was:

Bought at the same time-The Faces-First Step, The Yardbirds-Roger The Engineer.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

In Rime by John Frusciante

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

"Memory Of A Free Festival" by David Bowie
It's a little sci-fi, has a good story, and a joyful infectious chorus, "The Sun Machine is Coming Down, and We're Gonna Have a Party".

"That's All You Need" by The Faces
Just some good old fashioned rock and roll, and I don't care what anybody says, when the band is rocking, rod is awesome. Plus they know how to incorporate the keyboard into rock and roll.

"Dead End" by Sam Roberts
A little old fashioned pop/rock from Montreal. Maybe it's the similarity in the weather or something, but I feel like he's writing the things that I'm thinking, and pulling it off much better than I could hope to. A nice mix of cynism and hope. My favorite artist of the new millenium.

"Naked, If I Want To" by Moby Grape
This was my toughest choice, I was going to list 2nd and 3rd place, but fuck them, they lost. I'll start by giving you the lyrics to the entire song:

Would you let me
walk down the street
naked if I want to

Can I
pop fireworks
on the 4th of July

Can I buy an amplifier
on time
I ain't got no money now
but I will pay it before I die

Their is a certain simple beauty to this song, which is even more pronounced when listening to it. The mellow guitar, simple drum beat, and the backing vocals that fit perfectly. But it's in the lyrics that I fall in love with the song, easy goin, laid back, and the theme song to my third personality. This also happens to be one of Skip Spence's first songs.

"Touch Everything" by The Capitol Cities
Click the link to hear it. Again another piece of good old fashion rock and roll. Let the bass roll in on ya, then rock out to the rest of it. As good as it is, it's ten times better live. And as an added bonus this is Detroit rock and roll from a member of the Tonto/Buddha family, and I've always thought that that Adam Thomson is one sexy bitch, though that may be because he let's me touch everything.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?

I'm passing it on to all of you who read this. Feel free to respond in the comments or in your own little corner of the web. Yeah, that's what I think too, maybe? Huh? What? Whatever?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man I would really like to know what your 2nd and 3rd place choices were?

12:35 PM  
Blogger TontoSavalas said...

Ok, just because I really like you anonymous. There were actually three other possibilities, the first was Skip Spence-Givin' Up Things, but it is a very similar song and I like "Naked, If I Want To" better. The Kinks-Lazy Old Sun and The Who-Armenia City In The Sky were the other choices.

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

GeoURL