Thursday, March 03, 2005

Many Years Ago...

Smoke one down
in my room
with my friends
in the month of June

Let's deconstruct all the goodness that's summarized in the lyric above.
Smoke one down: For the totally square amongst you, dear readers, this is a blatant reference to marijuana. Or, as I like to call it "Mary, joo wanna?" And I say, "yes, I do" and she says, "fifty bucks for a half-and-half." and I say, "but I only got 40!" We work it out, though, cuz she really does love me in the end. heheh. Get it? She 'loves me' in 'the end'! Heheh. Hahahaha. God, I crack myself up.

In my room: Pay special attention to the possesive. My. This isn't just a room where you happen to be, this is private space where control of the environment has been utilized via furnishing, lighting, decoration, arrangement and many other arcane means to create mood and shout to the outer world about the inner world.

With my friends: I think it was the esteemed Dr, Seuss who said, "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." We can often multiply a simple pleasure just by sharing it in good company. And, best of all, it drowns out the snail that follows me around and urges me to masturbate naked standing on freeway over-passes during rush hour. Damn snail. I'll let St. Thomas Aquinas sum up. "Friendship is the source of the greatest pleasures, and without friends even the most agreeable pursuits become tedious."

In the month of June: Face it, winter sucks.

This song single-handedly kicked the lo-fi reggae movement into gear. A scene that is alive and thriving today, in ithe cultural mecca of Omer, Mi. In My Room- number 5 on the Buddha Listening List.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

GeoURL