Sunday, February 27, 2005

Music Meme

I've been seeing this music meme pop up in a lot of places, so I though I'd give it a try...

1. Total amount of music files on your computer:

6.24gig. Mainly because that's all the space I got.

2. The last CD you bought was:

Electric 6- Fire.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?

Chesley's Little Wrists by Pavement

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.

-Planet Queen, T. Rex
"Flying saucer take me away. Gimme your daughter." No idea what this is supposed to mean, but hell, I dig it.

-Holland, 1945, Neutral Milk Hotel
This song is loud and big, distorted; it really fills up your ears. The lyrics sound like storytelling by opening the faucet in your brain. Good stuff.

-Running Away, Bob Marley
I like the crazy in music and Bob brings me a whole steaming pile of the crazy in this song. The music stays slow and soothing while Bob let's the inner voices run wild with his angelic back-up singers echoing it all back at him.

-Music for my Mother, Funkadelic
Close your eyes and just listen to this song. It makes my whole body groove right along with it for five and a half minutes. Plus, it reminds us of what's really important. Stop running, forget fear and just take a funk break.

-Baby's on Fire, Brian Eno
The lyrics are purely delicious detached cynicysm, the guitar solo is one of my all-time favorites and this song just does it for me. 'Nuff said.

-Thirteen, Big Star
This song reminds me of just liking a girl, something that gets lost when you grow up and look at too much internet pr0n. It's sweet and innocent and soothing for my soul.

That was six songs, wasn't it? Oops.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?

I'm passing it on to all of you who read this. Feel free to respond in the comments or in your own little corner of the web.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

GeoURL