Thursday, February 17, 2005

It all goes back to Gummo

I just listened to disc 2 of the Clash's On Broadway. There's just a lot of good freaking songs on this disc. "Daddy was a bankrobber,
but he never hurt nobody. He just loved to live that way. And, he loved
to steal your money." Good music that makes me want to hear more good
music.

So.

"The Modern Lovers are all excellent musicians, as highlighted by Gerry Harrison’s organ, which fleshes out many of the songs."

The Modern Lovers self-titled is a good album. Pablo Picasso is such a cool song. Unfortunately, Jonathan Richman is kind of a weird guy.
After about three or four songs, I start feeling like some creepy dude
is telling me how much he loves this girl he's stalking. I think he
might be the godfather of emo.

Isn't there something just sick about emo? Look at the word emo. It's just not right. What I think of when I see the word emo is Bunny Boy from Gummo.

Apparently, I'm right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

GeoURL